Work for us
Membership Customer Services Executive (six month contract)
Location: Preston, Lancashire
Farmers Guardian is making some exciting changes to how it deals with its readers and we are now looking for an experienced Customer Services Executive to work on this key initiative.
The primary focus of the role is to guide readers through these changes ensuring that an excellent level of customer service is delivered at all times.
The key tasks are:
- Dealing with a high volumes of telephone calls and emails
- Solving membership queries
- Explaining the benefits of the new membership packages
- Providing support to readers during the implementation process.
To be successful you will be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Excellent communication skills both written and spoken
- Ability to deal with a variety of readers with differing needs
- Excellent IT skills including Outlook, Word and Excel and the ability to grasp how the email and website logins link up with a reader’s membership package
- An understanding of the membership journey from joining through to renewal and upgrading
- Ability to deal with each reader efficiently and professionally
- Ability to prioritise workload whilst juggling the demands of readers
In addition you will need a minimum of one year’s customer service experience preferably from a call centre/ services environment.
This is a temporary contract for six months and based in Preston. However, some travel to Market Harborough will be required in the first few months. Transport will be provided.
The salary for this role is between £16,000 and £18,000 per annum (pro-rata)
Please send your CV and covering letter to Kevin Dunne, Acting Marketing Manager at email@example.com.
- The closing date for applications is April 5
Farmers Guardian business reporter
Benefits: We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including 25 days holiday, increasing to 27 after two years, free life assurance and company pension scheme.
Do you want to be at the forefront of agricultural journalism and report on the business issues which matter to UK and world farmers?
In an era when food production and provenance is leading national news agendas, are you keen to ask supermarket chiefs the hard hitting questions that really matter? Or are you equally adept at turning your attention to the opportunities within the whisky industry and what they mean to farmers?
If the answer is yes, farming's national newspaper Farmers Guardian is seeking a talented multi-media journalist to join its award-winning editorial team.
We are looking for an enthusiastic journalist to help drive our business coverage forward.
Based at our Preston head office, you will be self-motivated and keen to break the latest business news affecting farmers, as well as looking in-depth at trends and the impact of issues in other parts of the world.
The ideal candidate will have:
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including 25 days holiday, increasing to 27 after two years, free life assurance and company pension scheme.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter, along with examples of your work, to the editor, Emma Penny at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Closing date for applications is 22 March 2013
Farmers Guardian is part of Briefing Media Ltd.
Telephone Sales Executive
Salary: £15,600 basic plus commission
Benefits: 25 days holiday, contributory pension scheme and free life assurance.
A new opportunity has arisen within the Farmers Guardian Classified team for an enthusiastic telesales executive. The successful candidate will be expected to use their initiative and generate business by making effective sales presentations to regular and cold customers to meet targets.
This role is ideal for a confident, self-motivated, individual with excellent communication skills who can work independently to achieve results.
Please e-mail your CV to: Stephanie.Denny@FarmersGuardian.com