Terms and Conditions
Use of this site, and its contents, is subject to the following terms and conditions. By using this site you accept these terms and conditions and agree that you are bound by them. Among other things, these terms limit our liability for any loss or damage which might arise from your use of this site and its contents. These terms and conditions apply in respect of your use of this site on this occasion, and any subsequent use you might make of any material you obtain on this occasion.
Important notice to advertisers
Although every advertisement booked to run in-print is carefully checked, occasionally mistakes do occur. We therefore ask advertisers to assist by checking their advertisements carefully and advise us immediately should an error occur.
We regret that we cannot accept responsibility for more than ONE INCORRECT insertion and that no re-publication will be granted in the case of typographical or minor changes which do not affect the value of the advertisement.
While every endeavour will be made to meet the wishes of the advertisers, the publisher does not guarantee insertion of any particular advert.
Orders for insertion of advertisements in Farmers Guardian are accepted subject to the following conditions:
- Advertisement copy shall be legal, decent, honest and truthful, and shall comply with the British Code of Advertising Practise and all other codes under the general supervision of the Advertising Standards Authority: and shall comply with the requirements of current legislation.
- While every endeavour will be made to meet the wishes of advertisers, the publisher does not guarantee insertion of any particular advertisement.
- In the event of any error, misprint or omission in the printing of an advertisement or part of an advertisement the publisher will either reinsert the advertisement or relevant part of the advertisement as the case may be, or make a reasonable adjustment to the cost. No reinsertion, or adjustment will be made where the error, misprint or omission does not materially detract from the advertisement. In no circumstances shall the total liability of the publisher for any error, misprint or omission exceed
a) The amount of a full refund of any price paid to the publisher for the advertisement in connection with which liability arose. OR
b) The cost of a further corrective advertisement of a type and standard reasonably comparable to that in connection with which liability arose.
- The publisher reserves the right to withdraw, amend or alter any advertisement it considers necessary.
- Cancellations of advertisements are accepted providing they comply with the cancellation deadlines.
- Advertisement orders are issued by an advertising agency as a principal and must be on the agency's official form (when copy instructions not constituting an offical order are issued they must be clearly marked at the head "Copy Instructions - not an order".
- Advertising Agency commission will only granted to those Agencies who are currently recognised by the Newspaper Society at the time of placing an advertisement order and copy. The rate of commission is determined by the publisher.
- When credit is allowed payment is due within 7 days. Monthly accounts are due in full each month. "We reserve the right to charge additional costs and interest for non payment within our credit terms".
- Only standard abbreviations are permitted by the publisher. List available on request
- Classified display advertisements must be at least 3cms in depth for every column wide, and the minimum size of any advertisement is 2 lines.
- Every endeavour will be made in order to forward replies to box numbers to the advertisers, as soon as possible after receipt by the publisher, but the publisher accepts no liability in respect of any loss, or damage alleged to have arisen through delay in forwarding or omitting to forward such replies, however caused. Circulars and the like should not be distributed through publisher's box number facility.
- The placing of an order for the insertion of an advertisement, is an acceptance of these conditions and any other conditions stated on any type of order form by an agency or advertisers are not applicable if they conflict with any of the above.
Farmers Guardian and Briefing Media Ltd are trademarks belonging to Briefing Media Limited or its related companies. These trademarks together with any other trademarks owned by Briefing Media Limited or its related companies may not be reproduced, or otherwise used or distributed without the prior written permission of Briefing Media Limited.
The copyright and all other rights in all of the material on this site are owned by Briefing Media Limited or its related companies, or the material is included with the permission of the rights owner. All rights are reserved. As a visitor to this site you may copy or transmit material on this site for your own private, non-commercial purposes only and shall not otherwise copy or transmit the site material.No part of this website may be distributed, used, adapted, reproduced, translated or copied for any commercial purpose whatsoever without prior written permission from Briefing Media Limited.
The information on this site
While we try to ensure that the information on this site is accurate and complete, in no circumstances do we accept liability arising from inaccuracy or omission in the information on this site. We advise you to independently verify the accuracy of any information before relying on it.
Neither Briefing Media Limited nor the suppliers of material on this site shall be responsible for or liable for any loss or damage to you or any third party, whether direct, indirect, incidental or consequential, howsoever arising from use of the website. Nothing in these term and conditions shall exclude liability for personal injury or death resulting from Briefing Media Limited's fraud, negligence or wilful default.
Parts of the material may express the personal opinions of their author. We wish to make it clear that these opinions are not necessarily ours. While our editorial staff will take reasonable care and skill in formulating and expressing their opinions, they are intended to stimulate thought and discussion. We are not liable for any loss or damage you suffer as a result of relying on them.
Links to other sites
On this site you will be offered automatic links to other sites that we hope you will be interested in. Briefing Media Limited does not accept any responsibility for the content of those sites, the owners of which do not necessarily have any connection, commercial or otherwise, with Briefing Media Limited. Nor can we accept any liability for transactions between Briefing Media Limited readers and third parties that are conducted through websites linked to this website.
You agree to indemnify Briefing Media Ltd, its employees and representatives from any and all claims and liabilities (including legal fees) that arise from your unauthorised use of material obtained via this website or otherwise from your breach of these site terms and conditions.
These terms and conditions and your use of this site shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.