Recipe of the week: Quick lemon curd
This recipe for Quick Lemon Curd has been sent in by Mrs Margaret Griffiths, of Kidderminster, Worcestershire.
4oz (110g) granulated sugar
2oz (50g) butter
1 large lemon.
1. Beat the egg with the juice of the lemon.
2. Pour into saucepan with sugar and butter
3. Cook slowly, stirring constantly until just bubbling.
4. Pour into hot jar.
To make a refreshing, quick cold sweet:
1. Fold the lemon curd - to taste - into whipped cream.
2. Pile into ready-made sponge or pastry case
3. Decorate with sliced citrus fruit (optional).
4. Refrigerate for at least one hour.