I am Farmers Guardian’s political editor. I have been doing the job for seven years, initially in our London office but I now work in a shed in my garden in rural Oxfordshire! I was brought up on an arable and turkey farm in Leicestershire and still occasionally help out with the turkeys at Christmas. I did a degree in economics at Manchester University, followed by a journalism course in London. I worked on various local papers before I was offered the prestigious role of poultry correspondent at FG in 1997. I left, came back and am still here today!
AS THE NFU enters the post-Peter Kendall era a new leadership team, led by Meurig Raymond, will try to make its mark. ALISTAIR DRIVER reports on the challenges facing the new team.
FARMERS will be asked to undertake measures to retain water in the upper catchment as part of an ambitious 20-year flood prevention plan for Somerset submitted to Government this week.
THE amount of land covered by agri-environment schemes in England is set to halve by 2020 as a new targeted approach, driven partly by budget constraints, is implemented under the new CAP.
- Conservative MP secures badger cull debate
- New TFA chairman slams poor flood governance
- Industry and Government join forces to tackle Campylobacter
- RPA pays out £750,000 to hill farmers
- Council liable for damages over Ramsgate live export ban
- Leaked report questions effectiveness of badger cull
- Could AHDB be the next stop for Peter Kendall?