I am Farmers Guardian’s political editor. I have been doing the job for seven years, initially in our London office but I now work in a shed in my garden in rural Oxfordshire! I was brought up on an arable and turkey farm in Leicestershire and still occasionally help out with the turkeys at Christmas. I did a degree in economics at Manchester University, followed by a journalism course in London. I worked on various local papers before I was offered the prestigious role of poultry correspondent at FG in 1997. I left, came back and am still here today!
THE head of the Rural Payments Agency (RPA) has insisted the new online CAP system should be ready in time to get farmers’ applications through before the May 15 deadline.
THERE was plenty of backing for the principle of whole-life beef assurance at the NFU conference but serious doubts continue to be voiced about and when the policy should be implemented.
FARMERS are determined to commence badger culling in new areas this autumn, NFU president Meurig Raymond has insisted, after Liz Truss confirmed Conservative support for further roll out
- NFU15: Addressing volatility key to sector's future
- Farmers urged to register for BPS as new handbook published
- NFU15: Updates from NFU Conference
- NFU issues self-sufficiency warning as conference starts
- Red Tractor boss hits back at critics of whole-life assurance plan
- Environment Agency rejects Foston pig unit application
- Farmers 'must not be railroaded into whole life assurance'