I am Farmers Guardian’s political editor. I have been doing the job for seven years, initially in our London office but I now work in a shed in my garden in rural Oxfordshire! I was brought up on an arable and turkey farm in Leicestershire and still occasionally help out with the turkeys at Christmas. I did a degree in economics at Manchester University, followed by a journalism course in London. I worked on various local papers before I was offered the prestigious role of poultry correspondent at FG in 1997. I left, came back and am still here today!
DEFRA has unveiled more details of its plans to encourage badger vaccination in England’s so-called bovine TB ‘Edge Area’.
SIR Philip Dilley, until recently the executive chairman of a global engineering and project management consulting group has been confirmed as the new chairman of the Environment Agency.
A NEW bovine TB blood test for camelids will improve detection of the disease in alpacas and llamas, according to the company behind it.
- Defra unveils 15 Agri-Tech projects
- Date set for badger cull legal hearing
- Paterson attacks 'self-serving' environmental 'Green Blob'
- New Defra Secretary hears rural priorities during Game Fair visit
- Red Tractor revamps standards
- Lochhead to tackle new Defra Secretary on CAP money
- Report claims food system is 'broken'