I am Farmers Guardian’s political editor. I have been doing the job for seven years, initially in our London office but I now work in a shed in my garden in rural Oxfordshire! I was brought up on an arable and turkey farm in Leicestershire and still occasionally help out with the turkeys at Christmas. I did a degree in economics at Manchester University, followed by a journalism course in London. I worked on various local papers before I was offered the prestigious role of poultry correspondent at FG in 1997. I left, came back and am still here today!
A NEW badger vaccination scheme has been launched in England’s Edge Area with the aim of providing a buffer to slow the spread of bovine TB to the north and east of the country.
THE NFU has urged retailers to act ‘responsibly’ and refrain from using the Russian export ban as an excuse for driving down fruit and vegetable prices.
THE Animal Health and Veterinary Laboratories Agency (AHVLA) has announced three new providers of post-mortem examinations from the start of this month.
- Dairy sector responds to 'misleading' Mail milk hormone claims
- Improved wheat quality boosts export prospects
- CAP reform - Ask the Experts
- Raymond calls for balanced policing of badger culls
- Cheshire badger survey prompts call for TB policy change
- NFUS calls for more detail on CAP greening
- Poor record-keeping costing farmers in CAP fines