I am Farmers Guardian’s political editor. I have been doing the job for seven years, initially in our London office but I now work in a shed in my garden in rural Oxfordshire! I was brought up on an arable and turkey farm in Leicestershire and still occasionally help out with the turkeys at Christmas. I did a degree in economics at Manchester University, followed by a journalism course in London. I worked on various local papers before I was offered the prestigious role of poultry correspondent at FG in 1997. I left, came back and am still here today!
THE Rural Payments Agency (RPA) received more than 2,000 SPS Online applications over the Easter weekend, following the problems experienced with the system over the previous week.
THE Government is inviting proposals from businesses and research institutions interested in coming together to form a ‘world class’ centre to promote agricultural innovation.
NFU president Meurig Raymond has called on prospective members of the European Parliament to back productive farming ahead of European election next month.
- Farmers condemn Highlands bird of prey deaths
- Risk-based trading divides opinion
- BVA backs decision to halt badger cull roll out
- SPS 2014 IT problem easing, according to RPA
- Lamb takeaway fraud a 'slap in the face' for sheep farmers
- Defra outlines new TB measures for camelids
- New small-scale farming union in Defra protest